Our world operates on laws. I'm not talking about laws that humans have created. I'm referring to natural laws. Laws of of physics, laws of chemistry, laws of mathematics, etc. These laws have an impact on us whether we know about them or not. It does not matter if they are unknown to us or if we attempt to disregard them. They are are always present and always affecting us.
Take, for example, the Law of Gravity. The law of gravity affects everyone on earth. A baby puppy, when he takes his first steps on all 4 legs quickly learns about the law of gravity because when he falls, he falls DOWN and not UP! The puppy does not know the name of the law of gravity, but he understands the consequences of it nonetheless.
Health is also governed by natural laws whether we know about them or not; whether we like them or not.
These laws are immutable
No one is exempt from them
If we or our animals are ignorant of these health laws, or if we deliberately defy them, there is an overwhelming likelihood of developing a serious, life-threatening disease and having a poor quality of life.
However, if we understand these natural health laws and learn to live within them, the chances are great that we and our pets will live a long, healthy, pain-free, enjoyable, full, active lives without disease. Longevity and excellent quality of life is what we should all be striving for.
1. Nutrition - All species must eat foods that are appropriate for their species, in a manner that is appropriate for their species. Without the nutrients that fuel our bodies, health will never be achieved.
2. Exercise - Consider the type and amount of exercise that is appropriate. We are all designed to be active.
3. Water - Fresh, clear, pure water is essential for physical health.
4. Sunlight - Offers many health benefits. If supplies warmth, energy and affects hormones and mood.
5. Temperance - Use moderation with practices that are good and abstain from all that is harmful. No matter how health promoting a certain food or practice is - more is not always better. Moderation and balance need to be kept in mind.
6. Air - Fresh air is a key element as a steady supply is required by all cells. Being outside in nature is a great way to get both sunlight and fresh air. Open the windows whenever possible!
7. Rest - Needed to replenish and heal as well as to grow.
8. Trust - Have faith in the principles of Naturopathy and the Laws of Health. Our own attitudes towards health and healing absolutely affect the outcome.
The only way for your animals to become and remain healthy is through following these Laws of Health. Any other way to attempt to regain - or retain health is nothing but a fleeting “quick fix”, a treatment of symptoms rather than addressing the root cause of the problem. This may make your pet feel better temporarily but their health will continue to deteriorate.
In order to truly be healthy, the root cause of the problem must be addressed. This can only be done by following the Natural Laws of Health.
Don't be a law breaker!
Author - Jennifer Lee
BUY THE BOOK!
Bark N Blog
Dr. Peter Dobias
Raw Feeding Rebels
Dr. Dennis Thomas